Sunday, November 12

Wild

Going by this Sunday mornings pickup's Saturday night must have been really busy. I was still picking drunks and leftovers up until well after lunchtime. I was amazed when I went to pickup at a certain town centre boozer at 8am this morning,( yes thats right 8am) to see at least twenty or thirty revelers outside all waiting for taxi's. Some started arguing when I pulled up, they all claimed it was their taxi, but I insisted getting the fare whose name was on my screen. The four passengers I picked up reminded me why I don't work nights they were drunk, swearing ,loud, obnoxious and aggressive and "yes you guessed it they were all girls." What should have been a two mile round trip turned into a tortuous seven mile zig zag all over town as they argued as to who should be dropped of first. For the whole journey I was repeatedly informed in a loud scream that the lovely young lady in the back would "f***ing piss her knickers if I didn't stop going over the c***ing bumps". I wonder if you filmed them and played it back next day when they were sober, would they be embarrassed? maybe not but if their mum's saw it they certainly would be.

4 comments:

Phin said...

I couldn't do your job for all the tea in china. I don't understand why anyone wants to drink that much, but I suppose it would be dull if we were all the same. I was reading last week on the BBC site somewhere the statistics on the number of people with drink caused ill health and how this has increased to a huge extent in the last 10 years.

Paradise Driver said...

These young "ladies" will look like they are 50 by their 30th birthday and will have the liver of a 200 year old.

Peggy said...

What the heck did they expect you to do about the speed bumps? Remove them for their benefit alone?

I have very little patience for drunken young folk. I'm afraid that girls seem to be worse than boys on that front.

I can only imagine what you would have done if your back seat had been dampened by that crowd.

Anonymous said...

Embarrassed ???

A slag is a slag is a slag...