Friday, July 14

Scarecrow


I was coming back through the village of Urswick and braked hard when I thought I saw a burglar in action and in broad daylight at that. When I stopped and looked a bit closer I realised that it was a dummy, this had me baffled for a while until I spied, even more dummies in all sorts of odd places and then a notice which solved the mystery. Apparently, it’s the Urswick scarecrow festival, and the more I looked around the more of these works of art revealed themselves, what a brilliant idea I hope this one goes from strength to strength and I will be taking time out this time next year to go scarecrow spotting again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, they are cute. In the U.S. the burglar one would have bullet holes in his back! Thanks for sharing the photos.