Sunday, March 26

Mothers Day

Mother’s day for me is one of the busiest days of the year, lot of runs to restaurants and pubs. This year was no exception and a good tip is if you want the low down on somewhere you are planning on eating at ask your cabbie. We are always given the verdict about the service and how good the meal was from lots of different folk. One job of the many today was picking up a lady with her mother and grandmother after their meal. Mother and daughter praised the meal while granny kept quiet. As luck would have it granny was the last to be dropped off, and so I got my chance to ask her what she thought of the meal. “Fancy rubbish” she announced why what was the problem I asked. “Well she said they gave me a side salad and the barmy beggars tried to put olive oil and vinegar on it”. What’s wrong with that I asked? She replied “Vinegar is for on me fish and chips and the only use for olive oil is to heat it up and put in your ears to melt the wax”. Don’t try this at home folks!.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“Vinegar is for on me fish and chips and the only use for olive oil is to heat it up and put in your ears to melt the wax”.

Thats funny. :)