Wednesday, January 25

Help!

I was in Colne down in Lancashire today and had a bit of time to spare. I had a wonder round the town centre on foot which is a bit unusual for me and I quite enjoyed life from the pavement viewpoint for a change. I spotted something I have never come across before they were called help points; they consist of a camera attached to a tall pole with a yellow box at head height. On the yellow box is a red button which if pressed turns the camera on and allows you to talk to the C.C.T.V. operator. What a great idea they are located every few hundred yards within the town centre and the notice tells you they are to be used in the event of street crime accident, or lost children. I can see that they would be useful in our town centre especially in these days of unmanned police stations.

No comments: