Saturday, February 3

Red Hot

Photo is taken from the coast road looking out to the bay at 8am. if you click to enlarge you can clearly see the sea mist that rolled in to blanket Barrow for the rest of the day.


What would we do without the British weather,everyone knows that we are obsessed with it. What else would we talk about, our UK weather changes that often that it always gives us something to talk about. How boring if we lived in a country with a constant warm climate, "nice day then eh" and that would be it, end of conversation. As it is theirs always something to whinge about, and don't we just love doing it, nine out of ten conversations in a taxi start with comments about the weather. But today I was caught out by doing just this and ended up with a red face. I had two old lasses in the back and we were talking about how mild it is for this early in the year. I mentioned that it has been the warmest January for nearly a hundred years; and they were saying that bulbs were starting to come up in their gardens. Then without thinking I said "yes I was red hot in bed last night"they then both started cackling like a coven of witches. I was baffled for a while until I figured out that these two sweet old ladies weren't quite as innocent as I thought.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that, Bob, is a rather fine picture!

Now me, I never got up in time to see anything but mist...

Anonymous said...

I found a lot of these elderly ladies were the worst of the lot,especially if there were 3-4 of them,You certainly hit the nail on the head with conversations starting with the weather in cabs,I counted one day out of 53journeys 41 started cons with the weather.

Dogbait said...

Nice photo. Another thing we found peculiar on your part of the planet was the number of planes flying overhead at any given moment.

John said...

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/bononationalprayerbreakfast.htm

Not bad for a Paddy

bob mullen said...

fosie: Cheers for that praise indeed coming from you, after seeing your dock picture that inspired me to take the camera out and about. You should try an early morning some time to be there at the birth of the day is kinda uplifting.
Anon: Wow 53 jobs not bad for a days work that, or do you work long shifts, I average 40.

bob mullen said...

D.B: WE are on the west coast and planes from both Liverpool and Manchester which are within 100 miles head out over the Irish sea towards Ireland and then on to the States.

John:Hey not bad at all if you knew my surname you'd know my ancestry, let's just say it's the same as the speaker's friend Larry jr.

Joe said...

Tried to leave a comment earlier Bob but it didn't register. Really like the picture, great effect over the flatness of the Bay.