Friday, November 10

Name Rank Number

When I picked up a middle aged couple today they weren't going far, just a short hop round the corner. Neither said very much apart from the guy who sat in the back asking for a pen and when we got to the destination the lady paid the fare and got out first. The guy held back and tapped my shoulder and held his hand out, great I thought a tip. He then pushed something into my hand which I thought was a fiver maybe, then he said shh and got out the car. When I looked at what he had given me it was a scrunched up piece of paper. On it was written a name a rank Sgt and what looked like a service number. I was left scratching my head what the heck was that all about. Who knows, he looked too serious to be joking, there's some strange folks about.

No comments: