Wednesday, April 5

Cheap Daytrip


Had to take the cab to Colne for some warranty work today, so whilst I had the courtesy car I had a ride into Manchester. I had the wife and nine-year-old daughter with me and so we went to the Museum of Science and Industry. A great day out with lots to do and see especially for the kids , and the best bit is that it's all free! The only cost involved was to park in the museum grounds which was a fiver , but that’s not bad for secure all-day parking in the centre of Manchester.Xperiment is a gallery with lots of hands-on interactive exhibits for children of all ages. But my wife found the best bit was that it overlooks the outside set for her favourite soap Coronation St and they were filming scenes whilst we were there, Some of the characters she spotted included Rita Sullivan, Audrey Roberts, Nathan, Frankie, Tyrone, Lloyd, Becky, Shelley, well I don't know any of these characters but I did recognise Roy Hudd who the wife tells me is a guest star. So what's your excuse whilst the kids are off school? There’s lots more free stuff whilst your there including, The Peoples History Museum, The Lowry, and The Imperial War Museum North.

No comments: