Tuesday, March 21

Furness College

I got a late end of shift run to Grange today, a nice run out and a good end to the day. My passenger was Anne Attwood the principal of the local college. She was telling me that there are plans to expand the college, which can only be a good thing for the local area. She is originally from the Liverpool area and so I was asking her what she thought of the area, its prospects and the college itself. She tells me she loves the area and the surrounding Lake District and that Barrow has a heck of a lot of potential for development. But it is the Furness College itself which fills her with the most enthusiasm “anywhere else they would be shouting from the rooftops about a facility like this we are a marine engineering centre of excellence complete with our own full size submarine mock up.” She is of course right we do tend to hide our light under a bushel. Anne’s enthusiasm is infectious so much so that I will be looking for an adult education course at Furness College myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know i like *&*$&@ in A Espole'y