Friday, March 4

Lacquer




My passenger was a young lass of about eighteen years of age and she looked as if butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth. Where do you want to go I asked?  "Dalton” she replied and so off we went to the next town along which is about six miles away, as we got closer to Dalton I asked her whereabouts she would like to be dropped off at. “The lacquer knacker” she replied brightly, I looked at her blankly and said I have never even heard of that, it’s a pub she said looking at me as if I were daft, I still never had a clue and so she said “The golden ball” and then the penny dropped. That was the first time I have ever heard it called that,it must be a local Dalton thing.

5 comments:

Yuvraj said...

Very fabulous blog, while reading it enjoyed. If you want to visit any place in india book Taxi service or cab service at your doorstep at very economical rates. We offer special offers on every booking. Hurry up! Book taxi taxi service to avail the services.
for more information visit our website- Book taxi service here

mk said...

Excellent blog. Nice information. If you want to visit any place in india book Taxi service or cab service at Ganraj Travels at very economical rates. Ganraj Travels provide great discounts and special offers on every booking. Hurry up!
taxi service

Ganraj Travels said...

Nice Blog.Thanks for sharing such information. If you want to visit multiple places in india. Book ganraj travels by affordble rates and fares.For more information visit our website. Hurry up!

ademarr1 said...

We provide the most affordable taxi in Grays, Thurrock area. If you need a local taxi search taxi near me and you will find us with prices affordable among local taxi service. Cheapest Taxi in Thurrock Area.

Fortworth Taxi-Yellow cab Dfw said...

Wow!! What a great writing, really I appreciate such kind of topics. It will be very helpful for us. Waiting for more articles, blogs like this. I’m going bookmark your blog for future reference. Thanks a lot for sharing this.
http://kellertaxicabservice.com/