Friday, April 20

Wine not Cider

My three young lady passengers were discussing what they were going to do that evening as I drove them to school. The conversation went something like this"It might rain tonight, where should we go drinking if it does ? "Dunno the shelter in the park I guess, what are you getting" "I asked me mam to get me a litre of Lambrini but she said no not if it's cider, I told her it was wine and so she said it was OK then". Well that's all right then eh! mummy doesn't mind her daughter getting drunk on cheap wine, just as long as she keeps away from the cider, that would be far to common. You might think that was bad enough but worse was to come, the third lass said "I asked my mum for a litre of vodka, but she said that would be too expensive and that she might just get me half a litre." Bear in mind that these girls were no more than thirteen or fourteen at the most. Is it just me or does anyone else think that maybe the parents of these kids needs a swift hard kick up their backsides.

2 comments:

Cheffe said...

I have no idea why a mother would buy vodka for her teenage daughter - how could she support that?
Maybe the "1 liter is too expensive" gives a clue...

bob mullen said...

cheffe: yes I think you may be right there.