Friday, February 10

Taxi driver attacked

There is a piece in the Evening Mail about a local taxi driver being assaulted, I know it’s of no consolation to him but this type of thing is rare around here and lets hope it stays that way. Quite a few passengers have mentioned it to me along with comments on large groups of youths hanging round the streets at night. I know this is intimidating for a lot of people, especially older folk but really it’s not a new thing, it’s been going on for years.
 Maybe the difference is that they have no fear of any consequences of there behaviour. This was brought home to me when a friend called the police about kids throwing stones at her windows the policewoman who attended had more to say about my friend’s reaction of shouting at the kids. You can't do that she said it’s not allowed you'll upset them. Well we can’t have that can we the poor kids. I replied with a comment on the usefulness of electric cattle prods but we won't go into that. Anyway how do you tell if a chav is posh? They throw empty Lambrusco bottles at your car instead of Lambrini!

No comments: